SCARY WORD TO SOME / BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE.
Having beautifully lightened hair is the perfect fantasy for a lot of people out there. But as soon as we say the word bleach you cower away in fear. That needn’t be the case anymore.
After reading this you will hopefully be excited and enchanted by the idea of Safe Bleaching.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I ASK FOR LIGHTER HAIR?
Bleach is mixed with peroxide, Now a lot of stylists use the words; mixer, lightener, lifter, powder, pre-lightener etc. All of these terms are the same thing, BLEACH. Rest assured that it is not the same as the bleach in your kitchen.
In the correct caring hands bleach is a wonderful tool that can give your hair a brand new look and keep the condition and strength and integrity of your hair the same.
Once this mixture of bleach and peroxide is applied, your hair cuticles open up and pigment is stripped from the cortex: First the brown and black molecules, then the red and finally the yellow.
WHAT ABOUT THE CONDITION OF MY HAIR?
A good stylist will always test your hair to see if it is in good enough condition to take bleach. Obviously if you are a regular client, your stylist should know the condition and what it can and cant take. Stylists that are concerned with your condition will always be honest, and say no to over processing hair.
Safe Bleaching can take longer but it’s worth it in the end when you have perfectly lifted hair in excellent condition.
Damage will always occur with bleach, no matter how slow or careful you are. You also get structure damage from the wind, the sun and even combing.
Olaplex is a product that multiplies the lost bonds which in turn makes sure that damage is kept to a minimum when bleaching. We believe Olaplex is a must have in today’s hairdressing world.
At Robert Brannons we use Olaplex Everytime when bleaching hair, and we don’t charge. It makes our job easier and safer, so why should we make you pay for that?
OKAY, WHAT IS THIS SAFE BLEACHING THEN?
At Robert Brannons we use a process we call ‘Safe Bleaching.’
This consists of:
- Taking it slow, we would rather use a lower strength peroxide, taking longer to lift but keeping damage to a minimum.
- Always using Olaplex in our bleach, at no extra cost to you.
- Not being afraid to say no, or at least suggest a conditioning treatment and hair care for badly damaged hair.
- We use highly accurate techniques to ensure as little cross over of bleach, as that can damage hair.
- If we do have to cross over bleach due to previous work done or a change. We ensure the lowest level of peroxide and bleach are used and more Olaplex to balance them out. We also use a blending toner technique when this happens.
- Trust is a two way street when it comes to Safe Bleaching. We will only do a radical lifting service if we know you will support us in our hair care and at home hair advice.
SOUNDS GREAT! HOW DO I BOOK IN WITH YOU?
If you are a new client we want to see you for a free consultation. This is so we can assess your hair and give you a run down of what we will do and how we will do it.
You can book with us by either calling:
01282 414747 (St James Street)
01282 458880 (Hall Street)
Or book online here: